Friday, October 24, 2008

Thin after Thin

Ah, the miracles of modern medicine. Went to bed around 1 last night, and for the first time in a week I wasn't awakened by a fit of coughing and wheezing. (I was awakened by "Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead" around 8, but that's a whole different story.) And I haven't even started my antibiotic cycle yet! By this time next week, I expect to feel like a new man. I'm hoping for LeBron James. Or maybe Dennis Farina in Midnight Run.

Anyway, I don't have much for you today. To tell you the truth, I've spent more time reading about Mike Aitken's condition than I have scouring the interwebs for new products. I've been meaning to post something on the new Hoffman 32-spoke wheels actually, but it's gonna have to wait.

(Something else I've been thinking about, though—with bars getting wider and wider and headtubes getting steeper and steeper, isn't steering getting quicker and quicker? One of those Rich Hirsch Subrosas with Max Gaertig's signature bars must be twitchier than Robin Williams on a coke binge.)

In closing, couldn't Attila have found a better model? I mean, I thought the whole lightweight trend was just for the bikes:


Enjoy the weekend.

••••••••••••••••••••••

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meh, I like skinny girls.

bk said...

that girl = atilla rider ricky feather's lady.

Anonymous said...

Don't get too shitty on the Hoffman 32s, Russ.

Back in the day, on 24-spoke 1 3/8" drilled rims, we old farts rode harder than 90% of streetz yo web video kids nowadays do. You remember.

And they're Generators. They'll be fine.

Anonymous said...

profile's been doing 28 spoke fronts.

Josh said...

I think I got V.D. just looking at that girl.

Russ said...

Eddie Fiola rode 1 3/8" rims because he was smoother than greased owl poop™ and only rode vert. I question whether...well, I'll ask those questions later.

Sorry, Ricky. I still like your Feva Squad frame!

Anonymous said...

Steering I think would be staying the same would it not? The narrower the bars, the quicker the steering. Grab your local crossbar and check it out!

Anonymous said...

They stopped making the front in 14mm too :_(

Anonymous said...

I'm glad her boobs aren't plastic.

Anonymous said...

S&M Please Kill Me credits...maybe? I think? Im going to go watch that video now.

Anonymous said...

If you think a front 32 hole wheel might work for you I'm pretty sure it will.

Anonymous said...

http://www.progets.com/simpsons/pics/the%20comic%20book%20guy%20pondering.gif

Anonymous said...

thats not rickys missus!

Anonymous said...

What's with the CBG posts? It may or may not have been remotely close to chuckle-worthy the very first time, but now...

Anonymous said...

Anon 5:44pm: James??

Anonymous said...

The narrower the bars the twitchier they will be. Wide bars need to be moved more than smaller bars for the same turning angle.

Anonymous said...

^^ Yes, but with less force since your lever is longer.

Anonymous said...

I'm Ian Morris and I've been arrested for drunk disordely twice, hit someone in my car whilst being drunk and went to court, I dye my hair brown because people tease me, and yeah, I've got a drink problem.

Anonymous said...

Attila must be doing something right if you didn't rip there new products to shreds, instead taking a swipe at Feva's missus!

Anonymous said...

lol 4:13, you were way to easy to pick.