Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Did You Ever Have One Of Those Days?

I'm having one.

Again.

Anyway, just some quick hits:


1. Brian Castillo's new bike is up on the Volume site:


Mighty sturdy seatstay brace ya got there. Seeing that Volume reps Cali, I'm guessing it's a UCLA Bruins B rather than the Bosox or the Brooklyn Dodgers (all of whom use a similar typeface), but I'm probably wrong. (I know his name starts with a B.)

EDIT: I just noticed that, in the little news thing where he talks about his new ride, Castillo linked to the photo of my old STA that I posted a few days ago. Silliness.

EDIT 2: Since I finally DID read said news item, now I know it's a Biz signature frame. Which means that B is for Boston, bitches.



2. MirraCo crossbar pads, as seen on Dig:


Pads are cool, but these look like they belong on a 12". Someone get the rights to Play and put out some triceratops joints. Or resurrect Zap Pads. Chrome with lightning bolts, how can you go wrong?


3. Animal LM-R rim:
Yeah, yeah, I've been sitting on this forever. The best joke I could come up with was "wow, look at all the potential lacing patterns!" Lame? You bet!



4. Odyssey iPedals:


Obviously their next sprocket should be called the Zip Drive. (And hell, putting the "i" prefix on anything damn near assures it'll sell like Arizona 99-cent cans.)


Told you it was one of those days. I can't even summon the energy to put in all the proper links. Go read something good.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Them Pedals are so nice!!!!!!!1

Anonymous said...

That is possibly the ugliest Piviotal seat Ive ever seen. Its horrible looking.

Anonymous said...

You need to point out how primo's trying to latch on to the plastic pedal bandwagon.

Not the pedals themselves, but the stupid colored dust cap.

If odyssey never made the pcs with a red cap, do you think primo would still use the green one?

Anonymous said...

Russ, I'm gonna need a lot more updates, a lot more frequently. So if you could uuuuuuh just leave them on my desk that'd be greeeeeat.

Anonymous said...

I kinda dig the pedals, I like the color variations.

bk said...

I'm guessing the "B" on the SS bridge stands for Boston; makes sense if it's a Biz frame.

Russ said...

Yeah, I just realized it was a Biz frame. That's what I get for looking at the photos first and reading second.

Anonymous said...

Dear odyssey:

Could you please make the endcaps on your wonderful pedals black?

Anonymous said...

it may be a good idea to throw out there that the animal rims arent so sturdy (the ones without the holes all over the place)
they build bad, bend easily and dont true worth a s***.

sad story, considering other good products animal makes.

Anonymous said...

i heard the same thing about animal rims.
I haven't seen proof yet though.

Anonymous said...

god damn i love me some arnold palmer ice tea/lemonade.. cant go wrong for 99 cents.

Anonymous said...

well, russ..

I said it once, i'll say it again- When will the FAQ's be posted?..
what are you waiting for?

Anonymous said...

psyched on that Tech 77 on Castillo's bike.

G.S.GUCCILIFE said...

1)Castillo looks like a mongoloid
2)he got "heels" spelled wrong,and this makes me think that he's probably trying to have Albes carry his products....

Anonymous said...

Completely disagree on the seat! In a world where every pivotal seat looks the same, that one is slightly different...and that's enough some times for me to rock it.

Anonymous said...

obviously the ipedals and them coming in the imac colours is because the pedals are usually called pcs, like the other kind of computers

Stephen said...

Biz should have "Manny being Manny" as the seat stay bridge. That way there is plenty of clearance for that KHE tire that the kids love so much!

Anonymous said...

Someone forgot their Geritol today.

Anonymous said...

so, you are making disparaging remarks about a bike and what you think its shortcomings are, but you don't take the time to comprehend what is in the picture or even read it at all?

Anonymous said...

g.s...gotta turn the tables on you for a second. you seem to have forgotten the ' in the name of our shop. yep, right between the E & S is a big ol' apostrophe. i'm sure you were just in a hurry while typing it and it was an oversight and not simply because you are too dumb to spell things correctly...that's always the excuse i give when i'm too dumb to spell things correctly and you're welcome to use it.

Rob D said...

what is different about those pedals compared to the plastic twisted ones?

Anonymous said...

Please can you visit this blog and say how bad it is ! Thank You

http://www.ridingaroundhere.blogspot.com/

comment it!

G.S.GUCCILIFE said...

Todd(from Albe's)

As i mentioned in a previous post(and i thought you knew)mispellings and typos are so calientes right now.But, being that underground/avant garde kid that i am,i'll kick the whole thing up a notch,and,from now on,im gonna refer to you as Todd from Dan's.

Anonymous said...

ahhh...i see what you've done there. you've mis-spelled the name of my store so badly that it's taken on the name of another shop. well played my friend, well played in deed.

G.S.GUCCILIFE said...

No problem,brah!Im sure my discount bonus just went from 15% to 35% off any orders over 150.Btw Todd,you spelled indeed wrong,but i dont care,we have been so intense about it,that we are ready for a new,exciting fad....Whats new now?Albescomp.com?

Russ said...

Did you ever have one of those weeks? Back tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Man, I had one of those six months. I know how you feel.